With the potential quick turn-around of physicals day to the first day of Fall Sports, Saints would like parents and athletes to plan ahead. Due to the late date of Physicals day, the goal is to prevent delays in sport participation. You are strongly encouraged to make your own physicals appointment with your primary care doctor prior to the start of school, especially for athletes with predisposing factors and/or medical conditions that may require further evaluation or a follow up from their primary care physician prior to medical clearance for sport.
Please be aware that if your son has a condition in which he does not pass the physical on July 25, he is very unlikely to get a second physical prior to the official start of fall sports on July 30. Therefore, it is critical that if your son has had any such issues in the past (see list below), you should be proactive and seek out your own physical prior.
Here is a potential list of conditions that PPE (sport physical) may require further evaluation from your pediatrician/primary care doctor:
- Recent or history of concussions
- Any personal or family history of heart/ cardiovascular related symptoms/conditions:
- If your son has been diagnosed with, or been in contact with someone else who has been diagnosed with Covid-19
- Congenital heart disease
- Arrhythmia, or family history of arrhythmia (especially WPW or Wolf Parkinson Disease)
- High blood pressure
- Other cardiovascular symptoms such as: Unexplained Syncope (fainting), heart palpitations, heart flutter, shortness of breath, family history of unexplained sudden deaths before age 50, family history of bleeding disorders, and/or a family history of Marfan Syndrome
Saturday, July 25, 2020
8:00 am – 10:00 am Appointments Available
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment for check in.
Bring Your Physical Form (Click Here to Download). The first page completed and signed by both parent and student. The back page will be filled out by the medical staff on the day of the physical. Please Bring BOTH pages to physical day. Wear shorts and a T-shirt.
Walk-ins: If you register on site the day of… make a $35 check payable to “St. Augustine High School”.
Please allow for 1 hour for your appointment. Appointment times are approximate.
Location: St. Augustine High School
3266 Nutmeg Street, SD, CA 92104
If you have any questions contact Sam Villa our Health Services Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org – (619) 282-2184 ext. 5536
Please click on an appointment time below to register.